Re: TS7

Abhijit Dey wrote:
> Gee, I had no idea. Thanks for pointing it out.
>
> quote from the website - "However, you'll have to pay both
> TradeStation7 and the additional vendors for the data."
> How so? Can't I just stop all the feed from TS and not pay for it?

:-)

Smart idea... but unfortunatly the data is not the only thing you
pay for. You also pay for the program.... does that not sound strange....

> That way I would be paying the monthly $100 for the platform, eSignal
> (or whoever) for the data.

Yes, the platform would cost you $100 indeed. You can also see
it like this. You pay $100 for the platform and get the data for free !!
It's just intresting for people that want to test on not supported symbols
or want to have a backup datafeed or want to check if the report
generated by TS is the same as on E-Signal data. (it might not be
for instance because of bad data)

> Also, would TS7.2 able to get market depth information from this
> external feed?

I don't know. You have to ask the developer that.

> Actually, if you ask me, I haven't really had much problems with TS
> feed lately. As to if it's reliable.. well, I haven't compared it
> with any other source, but I have read here in the list that some
> folks did find some discrepency in the TS data.

And some folks do.... It's what you want. Backup... or not....
One thing is sure, it can not hurt to have backups....

greetings