From: Feisal Sharif [mailto:feisal.javanet@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 8:37 PM
To: omega-list
Subject: laptop recommendation

hey folks,

asking a favor a bit off topic, although i'm sure some will find some
benefit here..

i need a laptop as a backup for my desktop system.  it's been 5 years since
i bought my last laptop and every month it seems the technology, price, and
features are changing remarkably.  obviously i don't expect to replace all
the features of my desktop multi-monitor workstation, but i was wondering if
anyone has had any positive or negative experiences with a particular brand
or brands.

i've searched through all the obvious reviews and readers choice sites and
magazines, but i figured tradestation users could make a more meaningful
suggestion.  most reviews describe laptops as ideal for gaming and so forth,
but i'm not sure if that kind of power is necessary to run simultaneously

	1. tradestation 7.2
	2. IE Browser
	3. Traders Workstation java applet order entry software

i'll be traveling a bit as well, so a wi-fi connection is a must. i've been
using windows 2000pro on my desktop and love it.  is xp pro just as good or
a resource hog?  i've read that 15" monitors are more than enough but others
claim the 17" monitors are a must for traders. HELP.

i have the bad habit of paying for more than i need, but i also don't want
to short-change myself since i won't have the upgrade convenience of a
desktop.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

sincerely,

feisal