Re: History data from eSignal

Use the "eSignal plugin", downloadable from their website.
eSignal_Plugin_TS2000i_v1[1].0.0.3721
Seamless importation of Data history.  It takes a while longer than
historybank, but I like it better.  You have the option to select only the
instruments you wish to download data on, however, if you crash and it is
every instrument contained within the GS that you need data on, you end up
requesting data on all symbols contained within.  Therefore, the GS will
send requests to Esignal for expired symbols as well, taking up time sending
requests, and recieving responses.  The time saved by selecting each
instrument individually will be spent by doing just that operation, so just
let it go and give yourself a couple of hours depending on how many symbols.
I am not quite sure how many years of data they send, but it is ample for me
at the moment, I have recieved several years of daily, back into the 90's.
Of course, you may select Just one, two or however many symbols you wish, or
add an instrument and only selecting IT, and the time frames you want, the
data may be downloaded in a matter of a few minutes. 60 Days of tick, one
minute and 5 minute minimum. maybe more, have'nt tried it.  A nice feature
is that if you crash intraday, you may reboot or whatever you need to do,
and, rather than ask to rebuild your entire database which may take a few
hours, You may just request the data on say the ES or NQ's , and it will
rebuld the data in the GS up to the minute, so you may continue trading that
instrument, waiting till after the close to fetch the data for your whole
database.  Tick, minute, 5 minute and daily, as well as bid & ask can be
selected by the "options" of the menu intially set up. MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO
THE FOLLOWING BEFORE INSTALL:  IF you have your GS settings configured for
an "automatic" scheduled download from Historybank, go in and change this
setting.  I believe it is in the View, Datafeed Settings, Historybank ,
however don't quote me on this.  But disable the automatic download, because
if you don't do that, your GS will attempt to do that and will be unable- it
is no longer accessable after installing  the plugin. I have noticed that it
strains the program and upsets it so I would crash more often, not knowing
until looking in the event log that it was happening.  You cannot download
from historybank anymore or access the historybank settings after you
install the plugin, however, you may "uninstall" the esignal plugin (it
takes only a minute or two) , restoring the GS to inintial settings allowing
you to use  historybank and access its settings-  will be operable again
like it was before you installed the plugin.Then you may reinstall the
plugin. I stopped using Historybank altogether.
Marc Miller
marcmiller@xxxxxxxxx