Re: w-lab Qu

jon wrote:

For those familiar with w-lab and TS....

Is it much more difficult to code an array in w-lab ?
- also ....  loops ?

I don't have much experience with TS but I have used WL quite a bit.

Here is a small example illustrating the use of arrays and loops in WL:

var PriceSeries, Bar : integer;
var val : float;

PriceSeries := CreateSeries;

for Bar :=  1 to BarCount - 1
begin
	val := GetSeriesValue(Bar, #close);
	SetSeriesValue(Bar, PriceSeries, val );
end;

If your requirements are more complex, I believe that you can access the
arrays through their indices similar to other higher level programming
langauges.

If you had say 250 lines of code in TS;
-  what (just a ballpark) might it be in w-lab ?

How difficult & how successful have you found w-lab when backtesting
on a basket of stocks ?

The backtesting is a relatively easy thing to do. I believe it is also
easy to perform these tests for a basket of stocks in WL 3.0 but I did
not use this feature when I was trying it out.

Hope this helps.