Re: time of one test-turn

Alex,

my system is trading hypthetically about 600 trades in that 25 years that are
24 trades per year (looks reasonable to me for an EOD-system). But my system
calcs the 'whole' program to determin the new stop- and revers-prices on
every new bar (= new day). I think that most systems do that. So only the
admin. of the results differ if you have only very few trades.

But your argument that using ema() or sma() would make a measurable difference
of the speed is not correct for me. I'm using 7 functions to smooth data
either sma() or ema() or others.

Of course I know, that different systems may be faster or slower, but the
difference should not be too big, because I think the main time-consuming
parts are the data-server (reading from hd) and the adminstration of the data
received. Only hereafter the individuality of the system comes in with the
complexity of the system itself and the admin. of the results.

So I still think that it is meaningfull to compare even different systems on
different plattforms.

Do you have a EOD-system tested over 25 [or 10] years (100 [40] contracts)? If
yes can you remeber the time?

Carl