Simple showme misreads "input"

Here's my Showme  to sell when there's a volume spike on an intraday stock
chart (ie: 30 min bar).  The problem is that when I have the input set at
800, it's only triggering when the volume for that bar is somewhat over
2000.  If I change the input to 500 it seems to lower the trigger level down
to around 900.  Makes no sense but is there something I'm missing here?

Inputs: SellVol(800),Space(.1);

If Volume > SellVol Then Begin
  Plot1(High+Space,"SellVol");
  Alert("SELL,SELL,SELL!");
End;

IF CHECKALERT THEN ALERT=TRUE;

While I'm at it, I copied the line
Alert("...................................."); from a Showme that came with
TS2000i, thinking it would put an Alert message on the chart at the
appropriate moment.  I haven't tried this live yet, but I don't see any
signs of such a message where the Showmes are marked on my test chart.  Does
anyone know if I've got this right.

John