Re: Monte Carlo Simulation of DrawDowns

Well, the MCS is telling you the probabilities you will face given the
properties of your strategy.  The fact that backtesting shows only a
certain amount of DD means nothing.  Consider these 2 series of
trades:

$200
-$100
$200
-$100
$200

$200
$200
$200
-$100
-$100

In the second case, is this strategy really doing a worse job than the
first one because it's maximum drawdown is twice as much?  When
applying the rest of the relevant statistics (% profitable, avg win /
avg loss, profit factor, etc.) the strategies look identical!
Probably the case is that your backtest is showing you the first
scenario, but MCS tells you that also the second scenario is very
likely to happen given your system's parameters.

Ivo Karindi