Re:Code error, Danger, Danger Will Robinson

I used copy and paste to build up a little code and the code I copied
from worked but the pasted code gave the wrong answer all the time.
This is the second time I've seen this in the last few months or I
would think it had something to do with my coding skills which I would
be generous if I said they are of a fair quality.

This last code that didn't work was something like this:

Original code I copied from:

INPUT: CHOICE(9),CHOICESH(3);

IF CHOICE=1 THEN IF XYZ=TRUE THEN XYZA=TRUE
   ELSE XYZA=FALSE;
IF CHOICE=2 THEN ....

Now I copied and pasted that then changed it to:

IF CHOICESH=1 THEN IF SXYZ=TRUE THEN SXYZA=TRUE
   ELSE SXYZA=FALSE;

That code returned false every time no matter that SXYZ was true or
false.  I even tried changing SXYZA to TRUE so no matter what it was
always true.  No go it showed false all the time.  So I retyped it
exactly as it was and put { } around the older code to stop it from
executing and then the code worked fine.  I rechecked everything to be
sure there was no typo or error of any kind.  Kind of scary if you use
copy and paste in your code.

Anyone else ever see this?

--
Best regards,