Re: eSignal Cheats the customer

hm, yes, i remember reading a while ago (maybe up to a year ago) that if
using the futures setting in tradestation 2000i's globalserver is giving
problems that one should try the index setting . it has to do with the
way the data is handled and given to the tradestation 2000i charts. but
any finer details about this i don't know.

Alexis C. Montenegro wrote:

Given that I am dierctly called in cause by Mr. Giovanni B. I believe I am
entitled to a response.
Before I do so though allow me to post a literal translation of the message
reported by Mr. Giovanni B. As I am Italian myself I can assure everyone
that I have captured every nuance of the original text.

"I am dismayed by the last few days' mail,
either esignal users do not know the difference between an index and a
future, or DBC has amongst its ranks a great number of idiots and ignorants
on this subject such as our Montenegro.

How does one write a guide on Mib30 for TradeStation and suggest to insert
the Future as an index, then, when it is in the portfolio rename it as you
wish.

Dear Mr. Montenegro even the shoemaker now knows the difference between a
future and an index!!!!!!!!
If you will find it useful I will send you FOR FREE some documentation on
the subject, so that you can learn and avoid shaming yourself in the
future!!!

When Mr Mark Brown, who I do not think is a cretin or the last one on the
scene (for those who do not know it he is an ex Omega Research programmer
and is the one that created EASY LANGUAGE - read Alexis and learn!!-), a
couple of weeks ago posted an email on eSignal in which he denounced clearly
that eSignal SCREWS its customers, another clear case is in the BULLSHIT
that Mr Montenegro passes on to you as customer support.

Customer support is based on qualified personnel, not idiots that yesterday
were working as waiters in a bar in the City and today are with eSignal.

I hope that Mr Chuck wants the translation in english, I will be very happy
to send it to him personally, support such as this are worthy only of
companies that want to save money on its customers' skins!!!!"

Now let me explain what has irritated Mr. Giovanni B. so much and has caused
him to launch such a vicious personal attack on me first and foremost and as
a consequence on eSignal.
He is specifically referring to my repeated suggestions to set up
electronically traded futures (such as the Mib30 he makes reference to or ES
and NQ) as Indexes in GlobalServer rather than as Futures when using eSignal
as the data feed.
In his eyes that seems to equate with my not understanding the difference
between an index and a future and this clearly has ticked him off to no end.
I think that the members of this group will immediately know and understand
the reasons behind my suggestion. As a matter of fact I believe the Omega
List is indeed the place where I first learned a while back about this
workaround.

Having cleared that issue I would now like to ask - for my own benefit -
Mark Brown to confirm that he created Easy Language.
If it is true then Mark Brown is an even more interesting person than I
already think he is (irrespective of the fact that I disagree with his modus
operandi).
If it is not true I believe that the honorable thing to do is for Mark Brown
to stand up and straighten an incorrect statement.

I believe the rest of letter merits no further wasting of my or other
people's time.

Instead I find the following quite interesting. A few days ago a customer
called Joe posted a message on this list asking information about a
Hypertrader product. His message follows with email header

-------