Tradestation under any OS with *no* firewall issues..

  • To: "'Mike Eggleston'" <b.yoneoka@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Tradestation under any OS with *no* firewall issues..
  • From: "Robert Marlan" <rsm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:05:54 -0700

I have a version of TS 7.1 running on our servers that can be accessed
anywhere though a secure ssl connection. Some companies block ports and
protocols on their firewall, so TS may no run.  If you are having issues
like this please let me know.  The connection uses a full 128 bit ssl
encryption with secure SSL certificates, (https connection).  I tried
this as an experiment and it really works well.  Since only the display
data goes to your machine, you can get T1 quote speed while you connect
to the internet even with a dialup.

Anywhere you can access a web browser, you can run TS.  You don't need
to configure anything on your computer or even load TS. You configure TS
once on the server, and than you can use it on any machine. You do need
IE 5.5 or newer with 128 bit encryption. If you would like to try it,
please contact me. If there is enough interest I may roll it out.

Robert Marlan
rsm@xxxxxxxxxxx