What's it doing?

Has anyone looked at the system in this link:

http://www.newmarketsoftware.com/spotlight.htm

It has a very impressive track record - but then, what system promoted
on the web doesn't? - but I've been trying to work out what it does.
The link takes you to a little animated demonstration.

At first, I thought it looked a bit like Drummond's PLDot and then I
thought it's using projections so I experimented a bit with MAs and
Least Squares MAs but couldn't quite put together anything that seems to
work.

Can anyone tie it down a bit more accurately?

Ian