Re: CUSTOMER NUMBER...CODE

Paula,

>I want to write a strategy, and give it to an associate, but I want
>to reference his "customer number" in the strategy, so that the
>strategy will only function for him, and no one else. Knowing his
>customer number, can I reference it in the code?

For moderate security you can indeed keep a variable containing a
customer number in your code, and save the strategy in protected
format before giving it to your associate (be sure to save your
original source 'cause you won't get it back once you lock it).  You
would need an input parameter that defaults to zero, in which your
associate would have to place his customer number.

Your signal code would look something like this:

Inputs: price(close), length(21), etc... CustCode(0);

vars: x(0), y(0), etc... HardCode(5654203);

if CustCode = HardCode then begin
   {your signal code here}
end;

You'd then create a strategy and save the ELS file.

This sort of scheme can be cracked, but it's almost not worth the
trouble to figure out.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com