virus-free statistics questions

Hello,

1. Are the different correlation formulas each intended a specific use? (or
one size pretty much fits all?)

2. Textbooks say Z-Score indicates how far (and the direction) an item
deviates from it's distribution's mean.
TS2ki  describes the Z-Test Function as "P-value of a Z-test for a
specified bar ".

So to use the Z-Test Function I have to first calculate a raw z-score, or
range, or some other statistic and then the Z-Test Function will tell me
the probability of a more extreme event occurring than the one I tested?

Thank you for your help.

Lee Goldberg