Re: Export ELS protected

>>Can anyone tell me if this is REALLY protected? I understand that it's a
>>lot better than just using a password, but is this "source-protected"
>>really uncrackable? If not, can anyone advise on a way to REALLY make an
>>indicator safe?
>
>Write it as a DLL.
>
>On the other hand, the TS "verify" operation is really an
>intermediate code compilation sort of like Java.  If all the ELS
>does is strip out the source (so it's not recoverable), leaving only
>the executable object code, then that's pretty safe too.  If, on the
>other hand, ELS merely encrypts the source into the archive, and the
>source can be extracted again, then it's better to write it as a
>DLL.

Up to Version 3.5 ( or was it TS 4?) , the source was included in encrypted form. This made it vulnerable to cracking because with the right password, the source could be opened.

In TS 2000i and TS 6.0, the source is not included at all, as long as you choose an encrypted export format. No password can open it. This makes it about as safe as DLL code. I don't worry about releasing encrypted code on these versions.

I'm sorry, but I can't remember which way TS4.0 stands on this issue.

Mike Gossland