Von: trader@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:trader@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Freitag, 10. Januar 2003 10:47
An: omega-list
Betreff: Re: TradeStation 6 and 7 USELESS for Automated Trading

----- Original Message -----
From: "VK" <vk@xxxxxxxxx>

> I guess there is a misunderstanding. It is not about a machine that
> guaranties money.

> He was talking about the feedback that the software gets from the
broker
> when a position is entered.

Yep, looking at more of the comments it might indeed be that
i misunderstood what the meaning of the original post was.

Lets asume i indeed misunderstood. Then there comes a totaly
different problem in place. That's the problem of backtesting.

If the problems is about not completely getting filled at the desired
price level (only 500 of 1000 shares got filled) how will you ever
know if you can trust the backtested results of your trading strategy ?

Because if it happens one time, it might happen every time. It might
just happen on the winning trades... or the loosing trades. That would
mean you could not trust the backtested results because you would
not know if you would get filled or not. And who would want to trade
a system where you can not trust the results.

But, i get the idea. Using limit orders (that would be the only order
where it would happen) would ofcourse be a good way to push
an extra dime out of your trading. Personaly limit orders alway's
got me running after the markets because my order was not
executed or only partialy executed. I am not realy familiar
with unattended trading since my broker does not have an
interface with any program's that might do it for me. Personaly i
would also never do it anyway because you just never know what
will happen. Powerfailures, 9-11, you just think of anything that
might give big troubles. I just don't trust it enough. Some attendance
is alway's needed i think....'

greetings

Henry