Re: Interactive Broker's TWS with eSignal

Since eSignal's sole service is providing quotes, you'd expect that they
might be better at it than a broker, so you might consider e.g. feeding
TWS with eSignal.

On the contrary, I've been monitoring eSignal and IB datafeed
side-by-side for several months and without exception eSignal *LAGS* IB.
When the market is slow, it lags by a couple of seconds only. At busy
times (around open, close etc) by 10-30sec and sometimes even more. I've
also had fewer outages with IB. And with IB you get immediate
announcements of any problems via bulletins -- with eSignal the feed
might be down for 5min and the site would indicate that everything at
eSignal is working fine!

And this is just for the mainstream CME eminis that everyone uses. The
situation in the Eurex markets is much worse, they're lagging even more.

It's not even funny ...

I'd appreciate if people would comment how the other Internet feeds
which can be used to feed TS2K are doing, e.g. DTN, Tenfore etc, because
I'll be probably discontinuing eSignal soon.

Btw, the PATS JTrader was better the last time I checked, more diags,
less frequent disconnects, but it still is very far behind TWS. The good
thing ofcourse is that it's supported by several FCMs.

Regards, Michael