Help..network setup 2 computers

I have One computer on OS Win 2000 Sp3, the other is XP SP1.

They are connected via an 10/100 mps switch/router thing...

I need to be able to transfer files btw the two freely with complete freedom (
and the odd game .....for my nephew of course !)

I went to "my Computer", "Map network drive",...did my best... but came up
saying "no folder found"....

Any kind sole that can give me instructions of how to set up a HOST , GUEST
computer btw these to OS..and my network working

Thx In advance

Ian McV