CodeRed Worm -- off topic

I've been getting hit w/ CodeRed Worm at least once a week now for
several weeks. I use Norton AntiVirus & update it daily. I also use Zone
Alarm Pro. Although the CodeRed Worm is quarantined each time (for some
reason it's unable to get rid of it) I'm a little uneasy that someday
something will fail & it'll run amuck. I also back up to a mirror hard
disk nightly & then remove it for storage elsewhere.

This virus often is detected in files created by another program I have
called Black Ice. I believe it's a firewall of some sort. Someone else
installed it on my PC awhile back & I've long forgotten about it until
lately when these occurences keep happening. I don't know if Black Ice
is doing its job along w/ Norton & that's why I'm seeing so many
quarantines, or if it's somehow contributing ot the problem. Also, Black
Ice seems to be creating some sort of daily file or log (e.g.,
evd20021219-17.enc, an 8kb file) and the amount of space taken up by
these files (going back 2 yrs) is enormous -- around 131 mb. I'd sure
like to free up that space & be assured that I'm ok as long as these
worms are quarantined. Better still would be to eliminate them
altogether.

Does anyone have any  ideas as to what steps I should be taking?

Thnx,

Michael