RE: Limited life span of mechanical systems?

Usually, I consider A= Margin +  2* UMDD updated according to the price level
where it occured.
UMDD = updated max drawdown = MaxIDD updated as a proportional value based on
current price.
In fact when using classical MIDD, this yied to unrealistic results ( a 100
point DD that occured when the price was  1000 should not have the same value
when the price was 500).

Otherwise, I use A= Deposit  + max DD for classical  benchmark
The 200- 300 % yearly was only an order of magnitude.
It depens of the time frame,  future traded and so on.
Just lets say that it is a range value that commonly appears on valid systems
during the last 6 years.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com
Tradestation 2000i, TradeStation 6 sales and support
Safir-X, neurofuzzy logic trading system builder

To subscribe to our FREE trading system newsletter:
http://www.sirtrade.com/newsletter.htm
Current issue: November 2002