RE: Limited life span of mechanical systems?

Alright Dennis, don't jump on me too hard but here's why:

1) I used to think that if a system was released it would ruin it.  The only
thing is there are quite a few workable systems in existence and according
to Jerry at Striker over 80% of the traders don't stay with a system more
than a year, even if it is working. So we have, so many great systems and so
little time, alas.
2) I've heard so many times, "If it works, wouldn't everyone be using it?"
That statement coming out of a person's mouth tells me immediately that that
person will never use a system, even if it was workable. That opinion is
very prevalent in the trading community.
2) Some people will share knowledge. That is supposed to be the reason for
this chat. It really wasn't developed as a platform to blast people that
didn't concur with one's own sphere of knowledge.
3) If there are those that have the secret holy grail and don't want to
reveal it, then don't bother to even be involved with this chat.

Regards,
Michael