Re: Limited life span of mechanical systems?

I realize that any realistic mechanical system will, from time to time,
"fail" (depending upon what exactly is meant by "fail").  The point of my
comment (** below), however, is that a casual inspection of market price
action and advance-decline data fails to show in what manner the market is
different between extended periods when the system "works" and extended
periods when it "fails".  If one could discover some market measure or
indicator which shows a distinct difference between periods of EXTENDED
failure and extended successful operation, then it would be possible to
reduce the results of at least that one source of failure.

Regards,
Carroll