Re: TS2000i Woes

> I'm a little confused in displaying the EST  time zone on the chart
> and would appreciate any help from this list.   My pc clock is set to
> PST zone, TS2000i is set to GMT, and chart is set to Exchange zone
> (CST). Ultimate goal is to display EST zone on the charts.

As far as I know, it can't be done.

TS4 let you specify your offset from the datafeed time, so it was
easy to have your PC on PST and your TS charts on EST, even for
exchanges that weren't in EST.  But even though TS2k has an
option to set the time offset (File -> Desktop Options -> General
tab), it doesn't seem to do anything.

TS2k lets you display charts in "local time" or "exchange time,"
no other choices.  Setting the chart to Exchange Time is a bad
solution, since that means different charts for different symbols
will run in different timezones.  Worse, if you are working with
something like Oddball, you have symbols from multiple timezones
on the same chart!!  (Data1 (SP) from CME is CST, and Data2 (NYSE
Advancing Issues) from NYSE or "CALC exchange" or whatever is
EST.)

I finally gave up and changed my PC's time to CST, then set all
the charts to "local time."  If anyone knows how to make this
work like it did in TS4, I'd like to hear it.

Gary