Re: Importing Old OMZ data into 2000i

On Tuesday, December 3, 2002, 6:57:07 AM, Tabb Thrift wrote:

TT> Can you import this into 2000i  and if so what is the correct
TT> procedure. I have tried importing some of the data; however, I
TT> have had no luck in getting it to import.

Yes you can. First check to see if it is getting into the Server. I
often find it will be in the server but Charting says it is not there
and it will not plot. Most of the time a daily update will fix it, but
not always. I usually import to contracts that are already in the
server. You might try importing to a blank contract to see if this
helps.

I have also noticed that TS2k seems to have trouble importing very old
data to an existing contract containing a large amount of data. For
example, if I try adding 1995 ticks to a continuous tick contract that
has later data up to the current time, it seems to make weird mistakes
- 'doubled-up' data, missing chunks of data, etc. It doesn't seem
happy about extending contracts backward, but forward is OK.

ztrader