Re: TradeStation Securities

> Subject: Re: TradeStation Securities
> Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 14:17:34 -0500
> From: Leslie Walko <l.walko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: rfurse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> Russ:
>
> There is an issue that you have not considered.
> SECURITY !
>
> With TS, your install the software in client-server mode.
> You have to leave various ports open for the software to
> work.  Your code is in EL.  (Secured or not is irrelevant.)
> What is there to prevent a rouge employee from installing a
> Trojan Horse on your machine?
> Nothing!

Excellent Point !   Yesterday I discovered  two unwelcome programs
on my system - RADMIN (a retail remote-control program) and mIRC
(Internet Relay Chat).   I think the remote program was there only one
day, since it caused an error message when booting.  IRC was there
longer - I noticed its window during boot, but didn't pursue it immediately.

So if you notice anything odd happening with your system, investigate it
IMMEDIATELY ! !

donc