RE: Cost of in-house trading software development

Great discourse Kent, and all-so-true.
Anyone questioning this, just take a look at Sun Microsystems stock (the
creators of Java) versus Microsoft over the past 3 years.
Microsoft did everything in their power to "kill" Java in the
browser......from setting default browser settings to disable Java applets,
to no longer upgrading the browser JVM which essentially made Java applet
development totally worthless as new Java features could not be incorporated
under Internet Explorer that gained an 80%+ market share !!!
Now Microsoft is cloning the only good thing going for Java, J2EE..the Java
web dev platform.
Yep, .NET and C# is all-too-J2EE-like to be considered innovative.

Hail to Bill Gates, King of the Cloners.
Jeers to the Justice Department, they're too stupid to understand what is
going on here.