Re: Does Global Server Compact Its Database?

ndtrader,

No.  I don't think so.  Larger hard drives are easier.  With Windows
2000 and XP you can put your data on a drive and leave the program
where it is.

I deleted a bunch of symbols once but the data files were the same
size.  I didn't try reindexing so I don't know if that would help or
not.

Jimmy

ndtrader> Does GS reclaim file space after symbols are deleted? Just like Bob Scott's
ndtrader> Unfrag utility does in TS4? Or do I have to paste out all my data, delete
ndtrader> then import back in?
ndtrader> Thanks.