Re: Fw: 2 timeframes - triggering trades at the wrong place

Hello trader,
I had a look at this on TS4,
I see in your gif, the yellow dots for your MACD are plotting 1
dot per 12min bar which look correct.
Strangely my MACD even though I have it coded to plot data2 12min is
still returning a value and placing a dot at every data1 3min bar.

Check the data window and see what values your macddif
calculation is returning

foolsgold

tsn> Hello,

tsn> i was trying to code a system that would trigger trades using 2 timeframes.

tsn> First the Longer time frame indicator (MACD) would need to set the
tsn> trend as being "up" after wich a shorter time frame trigger (Stochastics)
tsn> would be used.

tsn> However, for some reason trades are being triggered at the wrong
tsn> place. (see red square on screenshot) Only if the yellow dots are moving
tsn> up (wich shows the macd difference as becomming wider) the longer
tsn> term conditions would be "up" however it clearly shows the yellow
tsn> dots going down. The shorter term timeframe is used right at the point.
tsn> Fast Stochastics is crossing the 60 level at that point and being above the
tsn> slow stochastics wich is the right condition for a long trade.

tsn> I can not find out what i have done wrong. In some way i implement
tsn> the 2 timeframes wrong but unfortunatly can not find what is wrong.

tsn> Maybe someone can help. code is inside the code.txt file.

tsn> Thanks in advance,

tsn> greetings,

tsn> Henry Amand

tsn> ps: this is my third attempt. this time i did not send an .els and the
tsn> screenshot because i think because of some list limit the first attempts
tsn> might not have arrived. If it does, then sorry, if it does not, what is
tsn> the size limit for the list ? I will try to send the screenshot if this
tsn> mail arrives.