RE: 'Weighted or Exponential" anchored walk-forward optimization - any thoughts on how to do it??

Jim

Thank you very much for your reply - Looks a great idea !!(only another 200
hours work though as I do everything via exporting into excel)

Appreciate it

Mark

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Jim Mann        |
|         |           <mannjt@xxxxxxxx|
|         |           ng.com>         |
|         |                           |
|         |           14/11/2002 17:21|
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                     |
  |        To:      "'mark.keenan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <mark.keenan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                         |
  |        cc:                                                                                                          |
  |        Subject: RE: 'Weighted or Exponential " anchored walk-forward optimization - any thoughts on how to do it??  |

Mark,

A suggestion:

1. Optimize over last 2 years.  Record best combinations.
2. Optimize over last 6 months ( or 3 or ....). Record best combinations.

Trade for the next month using the best combination common to 1 and 2.

Jim