AW: Re: Rolling Window Forward Optimization or Anchored ForwardOptimization - System results

  • To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: AW: Re: Rolling Window Forward Optimization or Anchored ForwardOptimization - System results
  • From: "VK" <vk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:19:37 -0800

Hi.

I was following your conversation while I was on a trip in Malaysia. I tried
to contribute a few times but I am not sure wether  you received my mails. I
found the walk forward optimization very interesting and think it is one of
the ways to see wether optimization makes sence at all.

I tried to convince one of our software users to work and publish a few more
systems on that matter, but unfortunatly he is busy with other systems (or
he does not want to for other reason ;)).

Anyway, this guy has created a system based on RSI that does what you are
discussing here - walk forward optimization.

Since I am not a programmer I am not able to test/programm this feature, but
the available script could be used by you as an base. We could then REALLY
test and see wether WFO makes sence.

Here is the script:

http://www.wealth-lab.com/cgi-bin/WealthLab.DLL/editsystem?id=13406

http://www.wealth-lab.com/cgi-bin/WealthLab.DLL/editsystem?id=4288

I just saw that Willibald has published  a new version of it..... very good.
This could be the base of your/our discussion here.

Willibald, are you in this discussion?

Regards.

Volker Knapp
Wealth-Lab Inc.