Re: Global Server hung

In a message dated 10/30/02 7:09:59 AM Pacific Standard Time, fritz@xxxxxxxx
writes:

<< We had a power failure last night that lasted longer than my UPS
 could handle.  When I brought my system up this morning, I can't
 start the Global Server, either online or offline.  It hangs in
 "Opening EventLog Tab."  Any guesses?

 Gary >>

Gary,

When Global Server has an abnormal closing such as due to a power failure, it
has to do some 'housecleaning' when you try to restart it.  In my case, for
example, it takes roughly 0.5 hours for the Global Server to come back alive
when I restart it under such circumstances.  I don't know exactly what
determines how long it will be .... maybe the size of the Omega data file.
But in any event, you are probably ok but will need to give it more timewait
than seems reasonable to get it to come alive again.

Lee Scharpen

Lee