Re: The Final word from CME on their free data

Cac> notify our customers of the pending change.  CME
Cac> still feels that 7 days of historical Time &
Cac> Sales data available for free download will
Cac> provide our customers ample opportunities to
Cac> continue to access these files on a daily basis
Cac> to fulfill any data needs.

Someone at the CME needs to learn how to count, if you look at the
site you will only find 5 days of data not 7.
Also they only left 5 days of data on the server when they reduced the
amount of files. Had they left 7 days of data the elusive TR020816.zip
file would have still been there when the list was alerted about the
site changes.

Cac> We will ensure that we continue to update our Web site
Cac> with any further policy changes.

I wonder what further changes might be waiting for implementation,
perhaps another reduction the amount of historical time & sales data
available for free download, of course this would only be to make room
for the more convenient and flexible E-history application.

foolsgold