Re: TS2000i's Blank White Charts of Death

Hello _Craig,

_> You may wake up the one morning to find all your charts turn to
_> blank-white windows.  If you simply close and re-open
_> TS2000, your workspace may still be corrupt.  The charts may load,
_> but EL will produce incorrect signals.  You have to rebuild the
_> workspace from scratch.

_> When this happened to me before, the charts didn't update unless I
_> create new chart windows and dump the old ones.  Today the charts
_> were updating but my signals were corrupt.

_> This seems to only happen to me if I have TS open overnight while the
_> chart windows are minimized.

_> I think a lot of people are familiar with the charts going white, but
_> EL signal corruption is the spooky part.

You  don't really know what is messed up when this happens.  Best cure
is  a  total  shut down and reboot.  But if it is in the middle of the
day  and  you don't want to lose ticks coming into the server by fully
shutting down, close the TS program and leave the server running,
 When asked if you want to save
your  charts,  answer  "no to all". This usually keeps you from saving
the corrupted workspace.  Then open the windows task manager and go to
the  Processes  page and look for any Processes that are still running
related  to  TS  charting such as TS exe orc exe and stop them.  Don't
stop  the server exe.  Then restart TS 2000 and you usually get a good
reload  back  to  the status of your last chart save. I do a "save all
workspaces"  from  the  file  menu  periodically  so that if I have to
recover in this way I haven't lost much work.

--
Best regards,
 Roger                            mailto:mailrs@xxxxxxxxxx