RE: TS4 to 2000i

I've been using TS6 for a few months.  TS6 is overall a very good trading
platform with good data quality.  The data quality allows you to write
better systems because you can reliably reference the H/L of the bar.  This
is one my favorite features about TS6.  However there are  reasons, as I'm
discovering, to keep TS2K around.

Here are some reasons I use both 5 and 6:

There is no way to backtest more than a couple weeks of tick data bars (so
far as I can tell) in TS6.  In TS2K I can draw charts with many tick bars as
I have data for.

Occasionally, the server has dropped the connection for minutes to hours (I
have a devloper account).  This has happened 4 times over 5 months or so.
Not too often but pontentially disastourous if all your machines run only
TS6.  It's nice to be able to keep TS2K (or TS4) fed via satellite for
redundant backup.

Most stock data only goes back to Nov 2000 which is not enough.  I need back
to 98/97 and beyond for say 60 min bars (or even 1 min bars).  There is no a
way to backtest historical data from an ASCII file like there is in TS2K.

I am still adjusting to working with EL documents inside the main
tradestation window.  It was easier to work with EL in a separate app on the
task back than manage windows inside 1 MDI app.  I wish they would have left
EL in a separate app.  Having the EL File menu items comingled with TS app
file menu items is mildly annoying.  But that's a nit.

TS2K is faster.  System verification runs a lot faster.

The help file doesn't run as fast as the TS2K help file, which is a time
factor that can bog you down and can be annoying.

On the plus side, the clean data and data on demand is very nice and the
program does what it advertises.  I think it is one of the best (if not the
best) platform out there for trading.

Brian