From: "Wayne Mathews" <wayne@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "=omega list" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Ian Waugh" <ianwaugh@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2002 11:02 PM
Subject: Re: Drawing lines automatically on charts

Try the code below for semi-automatically (input: dys) extending a
TL_New(....) line drawn on a daily chart.

The difficulty here is the mixing of dates (used in drawing TL_New(.))
and barnumbers (in TLValue (which finds the price at the end of the
extension)). What is the date of, say 8 bars ahead (the bar you want to
extend to)?

And to do this in a minute chart is more complex due to the mixing of
days and minutes on the time scale.

This extension  of a TL_New(.) is done in Linear Regression Lines (see
the PE code for LinearRegValue (TargetB)). There, only bars are used for
the extension.

////////////////////////

input: start(1021001), ends(1021010),p1(l-1), p2(h+1),dys(8);
var:TL(0),bn1(0),bn2(0), TLValuee(0), Tbar(dys),cnt(-1);
array:bbn[1000](0);
array:dday[1000](0);

if d>=ends  then begin
cnt=cnt+1;
bbn[cnt]=barnumber;
dday[cnt]=d;

end;
if d= start  then
BN1=barnumber;
if d=ends  then begin
BN2=barnumber;
If bn2 - bn1 <> 0 Then
TLValuee = (P1 - P2) / (bn2 - bn1) * (bn1 -(bn2+ TBar)) + P1 ;
TL = TL_New(start,1600,p1, ends,1600,p2 );
  TL_SetStyle(TL, 1);
TL_SetColor(TL, blue);
end;
if currentbar=bbn[dys] then TL_SetEnd(TL,dday[dys] ,1600 , TLValuee);