TS2ki: ES Z2=2 causes excessive flicker/redraw?

I finally got my TS2ki system cleaned up datawise and was trying to
following the live markets today and run into an incredibly annoying
flicker problem.

Whenever I plot the ES Z2=2 contract, TS2k redraws the entire chart a few
times every second.  The weird thing is that it does not happen with ES
Z2.  When plotting two charts of ES Z2=2, my CPU usage goes up to 35% as
compared to under 10% when plotting ES Z2.

Computer stats:
Dual P3-800, 768mb of memory (plenty available)
Appian Hurricane dual screen display

Datafeed is Esignal 7.1.
I manually added ES Z2=2 to the OmegaServer symbol list to collect only
the day session, and changed the existing ES Z2 to collect the globex
night session as well.

I've also checked anything else that might cause redraws like improper
scaling of studies, but the flicker happens even on a simple 5 min bar
chart with no studies applied and the last price in the middle of the
range.  I've also turned off titlebar and the status line displays in each
chart with no effect.

Anyone run into anything like this before?  Wondering if this is caused by
having two symbols with similar roots or if excessive symbol name causes
TS to thrash or if the equal sign is causing problems?

Thanks.

-Ken