RE: Floating Point Numerical Overload

>>Is there a reason why Bob's version didn't work either? (Substituting MyAve
for Value2 in the Xaverage)<<

Bob's version was equivalent to your original code. The formula ...

> Value1 = Average(Price,Len);
> Value2 = Xaverage(MyAvg,Len);
> MyAve  = Value1 - Value2;

can be simplified to ...

> Value1 = Average(Price,Len);
> MyAve  = Value1 - Xaverage(MyAvg,Len);

If we assume that Value1 is a constant value C, then we can assume MyAve will converge to a constant value, thereby making MyAve equal to XMA(MyAve),

thus ...

        MyAve = C - XMA(MyAve)
        MyAve = C - MyAve
        MyAve = C/2

So MyAve will tend toward converging to half of C, or half of Value1.

- mark