FileAppend Issue

I am having TS6 append data to a file using the fileappend feature and that of a numtostr. The problem is that I don't want it to append for every value thats true on my condition everytime, but just the most recent occurence. Can I do this through my append feature or do I need to alter the function within it to only compute the most recent figure.

here is an example of what I currently have:
if MyFunction>=-99999 then
FileAppend("c:\mydata.txt", "my is= " + NumToStr(myfunction, 2) +
NewLine);

I always want myfunction to append to a file so that is why I am using that extreme low value but where do I need to change it to only append the most current data (i.e.: todays close).

If I have to take the to route of changing the original function ("myfunction") where would I tell it to only calculate todays value (the function is a combination of different mathematical functions using past data). using myfunction(close,0) does not work for me because it was not created using any inputs.