Re: debugging EL

Greg,

In TS2000i and TS6 you can cut and past the following code for the "Analysis
Commentary" which helps for debugging.

====================================
Commentary("", newline, newline ,
 "timetrade=", timetrade, newline,
 "marketposition =", marketposition , newline,
 "TradeOK=", TradeOK, newline,
 "date =", date , newline,
 "date[1] =", date[1], newline,
 "High =", High , newline,
 "Low =", Low, newline,
 "condition50-Volume =", condition50 , newline,
 "totaltrades =", totaltrades , newline, );
=================================

1- apply the code to the bottom of an indicator, a showme, a paintbar, a
function, or a strategy.
2- apply the indicator, showme, etc. to a chart.
3- with the chart open, activate the "Analysis Commentary" button on the
toolbar.  It looks like a printed page and is to the left of the
    "drawing objects" button.
4- the cursor changes to a small pointer with the icon like a printed page
near it.
5- click on the small pointer on the particular bar in which you want to see
the indicator, etc. values for debugging purposes.

Note:  the commentary above has several components.
A-  the side on the left, which has words (such as "marketposition=") and
than an = sign.
B-  the middle--- after the second quote mark, and between the two
commas ---- to the left of the word 'newline'
C-  the side on the right with the word 'newline' followed by a comma

      1-  the left side is a label that appears on the chart when you
activate the "Analysis Commentary".  It identifies the value that will print
out
            on the chart.   Just change the words, but keep the quotes and
keep the = sign.
      2-  the middle is the condition, or variable or piece of info you want
the value of.
      3-  the word 'newline' is just  a line carriage to make the "Analysis
Commentary" more readable when you open it on the chart.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Barry Silberman