MONEY MANAGEMENT

I would like some advice as to how many points are regarded as adequate for
trading futures, as an example  I was considering a 500 points margin, if
starting with $10.000 I would divide the money by 500 which would allow me
to trade at $20 per point,trading with a stop loss of around 20 points so in
theory you would double your money every 500 points im looking to trade the
FTSE and DOW using 15 min and 60 time frames would this be regarded as
adequate or playing with fire or does the time frame or profit /loss
percentage dictate how many points margin is required new to futures any
advice welcome best regards mark.