From: <Sigstroker@xxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2002 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: stepping in front of size

It's no longer relevant, imo. It may have been, several years ago when
Cooper
wrote that book. But these days, most big orders you see are "spoofed". They
vanish when prices get near, or a few thousand are filled. When somebody
does
want a lot of stock, they usually hide it. Would you tell the whole world
that you wanted to buy 20,000 shares of something? It's easy to hide big
bids
now with Island, Redi, Arca, etc. You just set it to show 1000 and then
auto-refresh every time you're filled until your whole amount is filled.

In a message dated 5/15/02 7:53:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,