RE: Auto Trading

This has been one of my favorite "issues" regarding auto-trading......
handling multiple orders for the same issue/symbol.
In other words, One-Cancels-Other (OCO) orders.
Without this capability, as you discovered, auto-trading becomes
"semi-automated".

The way Tradestation Technologies SHOULD have handled this was to add a
"flag" to the exchange table to indicate whether or not the specific
exchange of the issue/symbol could accomodate OCO orders.
That flag would then determine what set of API calls to the specific trading
platform would need to be made to support this capability. Non-OCO supported
exchanges would force an additional "cancel order" call to be made when the
matched stop or limit is hit.

As you can see, if the exchange order entry API cannot support OCO, then the
layer of software above that API (TS6 in this case) SHOULD HANDLE IT.
Since Easy Language does not support a "Cancel" order statement, you are
effectively hosed....
as that would be the "workaround" required...and of course, causing some
extra coding....but at least this would eliminate a manual order placement.