Re: multiple strategies?

Mike Eggleston wrote:

> Ok, that's pretty much what I thought. Now if you used pushpop and these
> indicators and strategies are runnin, TS does not guarentee(?) the run
> order of the various components. So if A, B, and C depened on each other
> how do you coordinate between the items so that if C really wants the
> values from A and B before C will issue a signal... how does C know that
> A and B have run and have placed the latest values within pushpop?
>
> Mike

Actually it's not quite true that you do not know the run order of the
components when using IncludeSystem with a global varibles module
as long as the values you want to pass are between system files and
not between, say, a system and an indicator file.

For instance....

IncludeSystem:"Mysys1";
IncludeSystem:"Mysys2";
IncludeSystem:"Mysys3";

On each bar, TS passes thru the entire code of the three systems in the
order they are listed in the column. Let's say you make a calculation in
Mysys1 and you want to share the value with other system files.
Immediately as TS has calculated the value in Mysys1, you can send it
out of Mysys1 to global memory on your computer.
While still on the same bar, TS finishes going thru Myssy1 and moves on to
Mysys2(the next system file in the column). Mysys2 can retrieve this value
stored in global memory as it is available immediately and do the calculations

it needs to do. This is all done on the same bar.

It gets a little messy when passing values between system files and indicator
files because TS has a priority hierarchy for crunching all system files
before
moving on to crunch indicator files. The hierarchy doesn't always work
properly.

The hierarchy is explained in the Hashnums manual which comes with the free
demo version of the program. It's been years since I purchased any dll's so I
don't know the web addresses. I'm sure someone on the list could help you with

that.