Re: multiple strategies?

On Fri, 17 May 2002, david b. stanley wrote:

> That's mostly correct. I believe you are referring to the
> "IncludeSystem"
> function of TS. The best way I've found to use it is to create a system
> file
> ahead of the other system files you want to package together. The code
> in
> the first system file would look something like this...
>
> IncludeSystem:"Mysys1";
> IncludeSystem:"Mysys2";
> IncludeSystem:"Mysys3";
> etc.
>
> The system files would be executed in the order you place them in the
> list
> and all on the same bar.
> All the systems are aware of the values in the market-tracking functions
>
> such as "OpenPositionProfit", "MarketPosition" etc.. However these
> functions
> are always one bar late as they do not register until TS has completely
> passed
> thru the entire code and then made available on the next bar.
> All other values and varibles in individual system files are not
> global(able to be
> read by othe system files). To accomplish this, you need a third party
> Global
> Variables dll module. Hashnums and Global Variables Pro are commercially
>
> available and work quite well. I believe there is a free one offered by
> a member
> of the list called PushPop and I believe it is available at the
> traders2traders
> website. I have not paid much attention to news of PushPop.
> If you decide to use a Global Varibles dll, make certain you install the
> correct
> version for your version of TS. TS4 requires a 16bit version and TS5 a
> 32bit.
>
> Mike Eggleston wrote:
>
> > I know there is a way to merge multiple strategies into one 'thing',
> > but even when that's done the individual strategies are still unable
> > to share values, etc., right?
> >
> > Mike

Ok, that's pretty much what I thought. Now if you used pushpop and these
indicators and strategies are runnin, TS does not guarentee(?) the run
order of the various components. So if A, B, and C depened on each other
how do you coordinate between the items so that if C really wants the
values from A and B before C will issue a signal... how does C know that
A and B have run and have placed the latest values within pushpop?

Mike