Re: Off topic -- IE security patch problem

15 May 2002 Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer (Q321232)
Originally posted: May 15, 2002

Summary
Who should read this bulletin: Customers using Microsoft® Internet Explorer

Impact of vulnerability: Six new vulnerabilities, the most serious of which
could allow code of attacker's choice to run.

Maximum Severity Rating: Critical

Recommendation: Consumers using the affected versions of IE should install
the patch immediately.

Affected Software:

Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0

This is a cumulative patch that includes the functionality of all previously
released patches for IE 5.01, 5.5 and 6.0. In addition, it eliminates the
following six newly discovered vulnerabilities:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/
bulletin/MS02-023.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/q321232/download.asp

Just DL it.