stepping in front of size

List,

I am curious to know if anybody trades that Jeff Cooper idea of "stepping in
front of size"?  How much success have you had?  The idea is one of the only
daytrading strategies I've seen that makes good sense to me.  My
brother-in-law is a fund manager and he says that when his firm is trying to
accumulate a large position in an illiquid stock that it can often take days
or weeks and that yes, big orders will move the market like Cooper says.
Any comments?

Thanks,

David