Re: TS2Ki Service Pack Update Error?

Hi Mark,

I have pasted the information that you need for the
service pack error that you got. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Todd Hoff

<Subject: Re: TS 2k service pack upgrade error -
decompression of %s failed

Installing service pack packages ? The following
sequence applies to
many
upgrade scenarios, but specifically for the
Tradestation 2000 products.
Here
goes: In Win2000 when you finish the first SP4 update
/ patch, you will
need
to go into control panel>folder options>view tab>and
then click on
"show
hidden files and folders".

Then, go to start>find/search for files or folders for
C:\ drive, and
type
in TEMP.  Double click on all TEMP folders and see if
anything is
inside -
if so, delete all files. After all the TEMP folders on
C:\ are cleaned
out,
reboot.

Then, when you try to install SP5 you won't get an
error message. After
you
install SP5, go through the same motions again.

Johan

Snosnosnow@xxxxxxx writes:

> I am trying to upgrade to a new service patch.
Every time I try to
run the update I get this error.

> The decompression of %s failed.  There may not be
enough room in the
TEMP directory.

> I have deleted the temp file. Have win zip 8.1. the
latest version of
Window installer. I have 14 gigs of free hd space.

> Thoughts?
>
> Please email the group and me privately. I am on the
digest version.

<