DO NOT ORDER ANY BOOKS OVER THE INTERNET FROM TRADERSLIBRARY.COM

  • To: "Omega-List \(E-mail\)" <Omega-List@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: DO NOT ORDER ANY BOOKS OVER THE INTERNET FROM TRADERSLIBRARY.COM
  • From: "Jerry War" <drwar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 13:30:57 -0700

I just had a nightmare of an experience. I ordered over internet , several
books from traderslibrary.com using their secure server. Immediately after
ordering I received what i thought was the standard email reply. A second
later a bounced message came in. It originated at Traderslibrary and bounced
off an AOL address back to my email address. I examined the message and to
my suprise it contained "ALL" the information I had entered over the secure
server with the exception of ONLY 8 digits of my CC#. Everything my name ,
address, phone number, CC expiration date etc was sent out PLAIN TEXT to the
email address of their shipping manager who wanted to watch the progress of
a sale over the weekend. I then examined the Order reply email and yes they
sent back to me all the information I entered , PLAIN TEXT. In talking to
their IT department they only would say they would discuss this issue Do not
order from them over the internet , if you must , order by phone.

JerryWar