Re: Networking Question

Dave I have the same setup.

I would get a shared drive  name with a X$ in the name.  these are admin
shares and seem not to be acccessible.

the solution was to create a new share for the desired drive on the net
worked computer.
go to c:\documents and settings\all users\start menu\programs\admin
tools\computer management

select the shares tree

chose new_file_share and follow the wizard from there.

as you are networking drives, be sure you unbind netbios from your TCP/IP
protocols..select TCP/IP properties/advanced and on the WINS tab select
disable Netbios over TCP/IP.  (can't rember for sure bit grc.com had a very
good tutorial on unbinding)

i asked the same question before never had a response , found this solution
in some 3inch book