Re: Running out time

Greetings Mark, Tai, Gary, et al.

    1-  I've run Tyan Dual MB with 800 coppermines for couple
years  -- Win2k and TS2k    WITHOUT   problems.

    2-  Pent IIIs still avail - -  & Dual MB for them Tyan 1834.  Nothing
wrong with AMD either  - - might still be cheaper, but when I built mine,
Dual MB for AMD Not avail.  Nov Issue of Max PC Mag stated the P-IV
2 Ghz still King until AMD releases Athlon XP ( Palomino ) abt 1.5 Ghz
and price expected to be less than $300.  They recommend a 425 watt
power supply - - this with the Tyan MP should be GREAT!

    For those who want to pop their own together, I suggest checking
pricewatch.com ( No affiliation) and use their search.  A number of pages
will come up with the item, cheapest price first.  CAUTION:  Some make
their profit on " freight or freight/S&H " so check everything over first,
including the components on the board and if factory item or "retail" for
price / warranty.  Everything there to " build your own "  - - cases, power
supplies, burners, memory, etc..  If running Win2k, then IMHO " Duals
the only way to fly "    - - but as one pointed out - - he couldn't " see "
the
difference between a 350 Mhz and a 500 Mhz and neither can I, but the
"rock solid" performance speaks volumes.  My CPU runs at 2 to 3 % and
occassionally up to 8 to 12 %, during Normal Trading Day.

    Don't forget, Boards with USB 2.0 should be out / out soon.  A 100MB
wave
file took 108 seconds to transfer to a USB 2.0 HD using USB 1.1 connection
( Std Now ) and  with the 2.0 USB connection ONLY 8 seconds.

Trade Well & Smart,
John