Re: Backup headaches - off topic

I use veritas backup exec, though not quite in the same way.  The 2
methods I use are:

backup the main machine to a tape drive, about 15 GBytes for a full
backup and daily differentials

backup the other networked machines to the disk of the main machine's,
though these save sets are only about 3 GByte.

So I can't answer the question about a possible 4 GByte limit.  I use
win 2000 with ntfs disks.

Veritas software does everything I need it to and has proven to be rock
solid.  The backups are automatic and handled by its scheduler.

Sounds like you might want to invest in a tape drive.  One big enough to
more than swallow your data.

I Smith